Feb 17, 2016

See Me.

☆☆☆☆
See Me.
Nicholas Sparks.

Publisher : Grand Central Publishing.
Publication Date:October 13,2015
Genre:Contemporary Romance| Thriller.
Format|Pages: EBook|486.
 Source: Goodreads|Bought.










See me just as I see you . . .

Colin Hancock is giving his second chance his best shot. With a history of violence and bad decisions behind him and the threat of prison dogging his every step, he's determined to walk a straight line. To Colin, that means applying himself single-mindedly toward his teaching degree and avoiding everything that proved destructive in his earlier life. Reminding himself daily of his hard-earned lessons, the last thing he is looking for is a serious relationship.



Maria Sanchez, the hardworking daughter of Mexican immigrants, is the picture of conventional success. With a degree from Duke Law School and a job at a prestigious firm in Wilmington, she is a dark-haired beauty with a seemingly flawless professional track record. And yet Maria has a traumatic history of her own, one that compelled her to return to her hometown and left her questioning so much of what she once believed.



A chance encounter on a rain-swept road will alter the course of both Colin and Maria's lives, challenging deeply held assumptions about each other and ultimately, themselves. As love unexpectedly takes hold between them, they dare to envision what a future together could possibly look like . . . until menacing reminders of events in Maria's past begin to surface.



As a series of threatening incidents wreaks chaos in Maria's life, Maria and Colin will be tested in increasingly terrifying ways. Will demons from their past destroy the tenuous relationship they've begun to build, or will their love protect them, even in the darkest hour?



Rich in emotion and fueled with suspense, SEE ME reminds us that love is sometimes forged in the crises that threaten to shatter us . . . and that those who see us for who we truly are may not always be the ones easiest to recognize. 


 






When I found out that NICHOLAS SPARKS wrote a new book, I couldn’t wait till the day that the book came out, I wanted to read about his newest adventures. The wait was worth it, NICHOLAS SPARKS did it again! Came up with a story that you couldn’t put down and that you wouldn’t be able to get out of your mind afterwards. I have been fan of Sparks work since I was 16 years old, and once again I wasn’t disappointed. SEE ME was unlike his other books, it wasn’t only romance but there was a suspense added in the mix, an unexpected suspense. It will have you on the edge of your seat and will have you wondering what’s going happen next, how all of this will end. I was. It was one of those that had me kept on turning pages because I needed to see what happened next. I was actually anxious of what the outcome might be. That’s what I loved about this book that it wasn’t all about love, but added mystery and suspense because you couldn’t help but wonder who was beginning, if it was her boss or if it was someone else. The most important question was, Why? .



Colin & Maria: Their story was unlike the others, most of all because of how they met, and Colin’s past. I didn’t even imagine that Colin would end up falling in love with Maria, mostly because of how he was. What I did love about him, fact how honest he was, especially about his past, I think I was surprised as Maria was when he told her about his troubled past. There aren’t many guys out there that would be honest like Colin was, they would just kept in past. But that’s what told me that he cared about her, and him being honest I felt like got Maria to like him even more. But it was his loss of control that Maria couldn’t handle but I couldn’t blame her, how he acted with the waitress, I would been scared too. Despite what happened between two of them, he was still there for her when the stalking situation got out of control. I think if it wasn’t for him, that police officer would die and possibly Maria. Colin did all of that, not to get in trouble but to help, to protect the woman that he loved. Who doesn’t want a guy like that? He’s type of guy that Maria needed.



Look at the cover, I just loved it. I also loved the fact that the reader’s got to pick the cover for this book and it fits the story perfectly, considering what happened in the novel. At first I did wonder how the cover fits the story, but as I read the novel, it all started to make sense. Considering that Maria receiver flowers from her stalker. SEE ME defiantly has a suspense that will have a reader on the edge of their seat. If you are a Nicholas Sparks fun, or love a love story with a twist, SEE ME Is a book that you will love. After reading this book, I am eager to see what adventures Sparks will come up with next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon